Friday, December 30, 2011

The Season of Giving...

This year, just before Christmas, Linus was given his first ear infection caused by a bacteria that also causes conjunctivitis.  So at least it wasn't pink eye right?  Poor Bridgette had a terrible cough and swollen glands, but it was just a virus.  I was put on an antibiotic for a sinus infection just before Christmas as well.  Then on Christmas Eve at my parent's house, Brian started with sneezing and runny nose and felt miserable.  Noah started the same symptoms with a fever on Tuesday.  Bridgette's cough came back.  Linus finished his antibiotic on Wednesday.  Thursday night developed the cough.  Today (Friday) he had a fever and a goopy eye and I literally had to run him to the doctors office in Blairsville minutes before they closed down for the weekend to be seen.  His conjunctivitis is back and he has RSV. We have to continue putting the ointment in his eyes and just wait out the coughing and treat the fever with tylenol and advil.  It's going to be another 4-5 days and he should be back to normal.  One can only hope. 

I'm filling my kids up with oranges and other vitamin C rich foods.  We're all drinking lots of fluids and getting plenty of rest.  I have a feeling we won't be seeing the ball drop tomorrow.....

Next year for Christmas, all I want is a healthy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment