Monday, November 7, 2011

Sharing my toys

One Christmas a long time ago I opened a present from my little brother. It was a brand new Ski Barbie! She was beautiful! Had cool shades. Her signature pink high heels could be switched out for ski boots that hooked into her pink skis. The only problem... I was either 12 or 13, I don't quite remember, but I didn't play with dolls anymore. I held onto her though, because she was so much nicer than any of the other dolls I had since she was new. So when my Dad called and said he had found a box of Barbies, I asked if Ski Barbie was among them. Sure enough, there she was in all her glory! I made sure to tell everyone that she was MINE! My sisters could not claim her. I brought her home and then promptly forgot about her. While cleaning out the basement "play room" I found her again. Along with Miko the Hawaiian Barbie, who was in that box too. And now that gift so long ago given has now been given to someone who truly loves it and has been playing with it since. She even accompanied us today on a Women's Club Coffee/playdate.


Thank you again Stevie!

No comments:

Post a Comment